Download ZeroBrane Studio v1.40 (Aug 26 2016)
- Mac OS X 10.6.8+ (dmg file)
- Windows 32bit (zip archive) Windows 32bit (exe installer)
- Linux 32/64bit (shell archive)
What are the most significant changes in this version?
- Added ability to load/save files with invalid UTF-8 encoded characters.
- Added support for IME composition to input Chinese characters.
- Added support for dead key combinations (used on international keyboads).
- Added support for handling Unicode paths and parameters on Windows.
- Added luasec v0.6 (with openssl 1.0.2h).
- Added lpeg v1.0.
- Added lfs v1.6.3.
- Added tracking file system changes in the project tree to auto-refresh it.
- Added opening files on drag-n-drop on dock icon on OSX.
- Added opening files on drag-n-drop on Linux.
- Added refresh of search results from the right-click-on-tab menu.
- Added reverse search on
- Updated Gideros API for v2016.06.
- Updated Corona API for v2016.2906.
- Updated Love2d API for v0.10.1.
Full details are in the changelog.
If you are using Mac OSX, make sure to save your ZeroBrane Studio system settings (
Edit | Preferences | Settings: System) before upgrading as those are saved inside the application folder and will be lost during the upgrade.
As an alternative, you can move those system settings to user settings (
Edit | Preferences | Settings: User) as those are not affected by the upgrade process.
If you are using Windows or Linux, made any modifications to the files in the distribution, and plan to install the upgrade into the same location, make sure to save your changes before proceeding.
What if I have questions or want to receive product updates?
Several ways to stay in touch are listed here.